Several people cannot fully embrace the warmth of aging. For them, it is like a cold breeze that they cannot control passing. That is why the majority also search for ways to fight the signs of aging. But not all of them are fortunate enough to start early. That is why it is crucial to alter physical appearances and hide facial issues when it is too late. However, there is one gem that can do the trick. You do not have to worry about wrinkles and fine lines by using neurotoxins!
What are neurotoxins?
Neurotoxins are injections designed to treat several skin issues, such as wrinkles, fine lines, and repetitive muscle contractions resulting from squinting and frowning. Like botox, neurotoxins are also utilized to stop muscle activity. Because of reduced muscle activity, wrinkles are less likely to form. Eventually, because there is no more facial muscle contraction, wrinkles and fine lines are progressively eliminated.
According to sources, neurotoxins are initially approved to address blepharospasm (eyelids spasm), strabismus (crossed eyes), and cervical dystonia (neck muscle contractions). The Food and Drug Administration also approved it for relaxing fine lines in the area between the eyes on the forehead.
What do neurotoxins do for facial rejuvenation?
Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport are types of neurotoxins that are all administered through injections. Aside from the benefits mentioned earlier, here are some notable roles of neurotoxins that make them efficient for facial rejuvenation:
- Effectively block nerve-to-muscle signals, which prevents muscle contractions.
- Injected into the muscles and skin using fine and sterilized needles.
- Testified in reducing, preventing, and treating fine lines and wrinkles.
- The full effects show up as early as a week or two.
- The number of injections is customizable depending on the treatment area size and muscle strength.
Aside from all of these, neurotoxins are also approved by the FDA, have no dramatic downtime, are efficient on all skin pigmentations, and types have a long-lasting result that lasts up to four months, are customizable with other injections, and have quick procedure time.
What are neurotoxins for?
Neurotoxins are flexible in treating almost all types of skin issues. Specifically, neurotoxins are excellent for the following:
- Forehead wrinkles
- Glabellar/frown lines between eyebrows
- Bunny lines at the nose’s bridge
- Marionette lines at the lip’s corner
- Crow’s feet around eye areas
- Smoker or perioral lines of the upper lip
What are various types of neurotoxins?
There are three most popular types of neurotoxins, which you can choose from depending on your preference and suitability. These types are the following:
- Xeomin: The Food and Drug Administration approves Xeomin as a treatment for adults with cervical dystonia and blepharospasm. It also addresses moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows. Several practitioners have testified that Xeomin efficiently addresses these issues and is safe. The Xeomin treatment results usually appear five to seven days after the session.
- Botox: Another variant is the famous botox used cosmetically and medically. In the medical field, it is safe and effective in conditions such as lazy eye, hyperhidrosis, eye twitching, cervical dystonia, bladder dysfunction, muscle contractures, and chronic migraine. Cosmetically, it addresses crow’s feet, forehead wrinkles, smoker lines, sagging brows, and neck bands.
- Dysport: Dysport is also a treatment for wrinkles. The injection decreases muscle movement in targeted areas like the glabellar wrinkles. The results from Dysport are seen two days after the actual session.
What is the process for a neurotoxin treatment?
Two weeks before your session, you must avoid taking anti-inflammatories to reduce bruising effects.
During neurotoxin injections, your provider will clean the treatment areas thoroughly. The next step is the application of topical anesthetic cream. After this, your provider will start injecting neurotoxins on treatment sites.
As for aftercare, you must avoid participating in heavy activities like lifting and exercise. Stop rubbing, touching, irritating, and manipulating the neurotoxins on the treated sites. You can also apply makeup gently, ensuring that you wipe it away from the eyes and brows.
What other advantages can you get from neurotoxins?
The advantages of neurotoxins continue because we will identify more specific benefits. Aside from what was mentioned, here is more help you can delve in:
- Neurotoxins are excellent for emotional boost: Studies prove that neurotoxins can make you happy since they stop your facial muscles from frowning and generally improve your mood.
- Neurotoxin injections improve sex life: Sexual intercourse should not be painful, but pelvic floor irregularities only cause this. Neurotoxin injections relax pelvic floor muscles and relieve sex pain.
- It is also suitable for scar reduction: Neurotoxins are also great in preventing severe scars; it prevents the skin from pulling apart, especially on incision sites.
- Best for migraine relief: The Food and Drug Administration also approves Neurotoxins in preventing headaches in adults with chronic migraines.
Side effects and suitability
Although neurotoxin treatments are non-surgical, it still has side effects that you must watch out for. These risks include headache, dizziness, reduced blinking, weaker muscles, difficulty swallowing, dry eyes, double vision, increased light sensitivity, and swollen eyelids. Additionally, there are also side effects such as infection, redness, bruising, and pain at injection sites.
Moreover, neurotoxin injections are not for everyone. You shouldn’t take neurotoxin injections if you:
- Are pregnant and breastfeeding.
- Are older than 65.
- Are allergic to Botulinum toxin or are allergic to neurotoxin products.
- Have skin problems.
- Have a neuromuscular disease.
- Have deep facial scars.
- Have an infection at treatment areas.
- Have extremely thick facial skin.
There are still chances of getting neurotoxins, but your provider is the one who will primarily decide whether you are a candidate or not.
You should also inform your provider if you have a history of the following conditions:
- Heart disease
- Breathing problems
- Facial muscle weakness
- Seizure disorder
- Bleeding problems
- Face alteration
- Pulmonary edema
Remember that an initial consultation is vital to discuss your medical history and health assessment with your provider. This consultation will determine your suitability and safety in the procedure.
One of the best medical spas that will give you all of these Neurotoxins advantages is A Better Solution, wherein they prioritize your wellness – whatever and however you define it!
If you are ready to redefine and reverse the sign of aging you cannot embrace, contact the best solution in Marco Island, Florida!